Thursday, February 8, 2007

Update: 8th Feb


Second Last Chemo
We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, at least for this cycle of treatment. After six weeks of chemotherapy, there is only one more to go (and about ten more weekdays of radiotherapy). Yesterday's treatment went smoothly. I had an earlier appointment than usual and so managed to beat some of the usual rush and be home by 2 pm. I also felt more able to concentrate and so managed to read with more concentration (that's some Kierkegaard photocopied on the table in front of me in one picture). I've included some images to give something of a feel for the space. The huge dose of steroids they give me to avoid another reaction did mean that when I woke in the middle of the night, my brain was very active and I spent an hour or two writing down ideas. Hopefully, I'll get better sleep tonight once the effects have worn off.

No comments: