Wednesday, January 17, 2007

FAQs

Here are links to various topics I am often asked about:
Blog title: what does it mean?
Breaking news: what's the latest update?
Diagnosis: What's the story? What do you have?
Cause: How did you get it?
Prognosis: Is it terminal? How long do they expect you to live?
Symptoms: What effects does the cancer have? How does it feel?
This list is still under construction - I will be adding more content over the coming days and weeks. Please be patient, though you can let me know in comments if you have questions you'd like answered.

2 comments:

byron smith said...

Here are the questions I am hoping to answer soon. Let me know if there are others.
-------------------------
Treatment:
•Prayer: Why pray? For what can we pray?
• Radiotherapy: What? Why? Who? How? When? Where?
• Chemotherapy: What? Why? Who? How? When? Where?
• Diet & Lifestyle
• Mental/emotional
• Alternative therapies
Side-effects: What effects do the treatments have?
• Breathing
• Swallowing
• Sleeping
• Skin
• Immune system
• Energy
• Mental effects
• Other
Reaction: how are you feeling emotionally and spiritually?
Medications: what are you taking?
Work: what's your new job and how will this affect it?
Family: how is Jessica and the rest of your extended family?
Finances: how much is this all costing?
Help: how can I help?
Taking it further: Where can I read more?
Other: my question isn't here - let me know in comments and I'll try to answer it.

byron smith said...

Sorry that I have still not got around to answering all these, even though many of them are not directly relevant any longer. I wish I'd done this a little more thoroughly, at least as a record for myself as much as for others.